Parts List - Add Parts
This document describes how to add parts to Parts List
In order to add new part to the Parts List, proceed with the following steps:
- From the Record Administration window, click on any Add link, which will display Record Add Form, as shown in Figure 1.
- In Part No text box, type in the part number of the part.
- In Part Description text box, type in the description of the part.
- In PDF File, provide a PDF documentation as an attachment.
- In 3D Model File, provide CAD 3D Model as an attachment.
- In GIF File, provide a gif image which you would like to display as thumbnail.
- In JPG File, provide a jpg image which you would like to display as main image.
- Submit the form to process your request to add part.
Note: In Record Add Form, you must provide information for Part No and Part Description; Otherwise, you will get an error message prompting you to add that information.
Note: In Record Add Form, if you enter Part No that already exists in the Parts List, you will get an error message and process will be terminated.
Note: GIF images are 100x100 pixels and JPG images are 450x375 pixels. GIF and JPG images can be added later. However, if you do not provide images, you will get an error message in the Form Confirmation window.
Once the Add Form is submitted, confirmation window will be displayed with the following information, refer to Figure 2
- File uploaded successfully or not (for PDF, 3D Model, GIF or JPG file)
- Part No and Part Description
- File name of PDF documentation, if documentation was submitted
- File name of 3D Model, if model was submitted
- Thumbnail image of part, if GIF image was submitted
- Larger image of part, if JPG image was submitted
Click on the Close Window link and part will be added to the Parts List as shown in Figure 3.